Southern Engineering Co. Ltd (SECO) has been awarded the contract to construct the new Kisumu Oil Jetty for Kenya Pipeline Company Limited (KPC). The Kisumu Oil Jetty will help Kenya Pipeline Company Limited (KPC) improve the movement of bulk liquid oil products.
The construction work will cover a period of 6 months and will include the following activities.
- Geo-technical investigations in 13 boreholes
- Bathymetric survey – pre and post dredging
- Dredging and disposal works
- Installation of marine piles of diameters 324mm, 356mm, 457mm & 600mm which will support the approach bridge and the jetty head
- Construction of a 95m long x 4.5m wide jetty head with 8 dolphins
- Construction of a 237m long x 6m wide approach bridge
- Construction of embankment & gabion abutment wall
- Construction of approximately 700m of access roads
- Reinforcement of concrete works
- Electrical and instrumentation works
- Fabrication and installation of fuel pipelines
- Fabrication and installation of a water and firefighting pipelines
- Supply and installation of marine furniture including bollards, marine fenders and navigation lights