Ship repair & maintenance. Ship conversion work in Kenya & East Africa.
With a dry dock, slipways, steel fabrication shop, outfit, and machine shop, and blast and paint operations, SECO's Mombasa shipyard is well equipped to turn your next scheduled docking into a truly satisfying experience.
We offer round-the-clock and comprehensive ship repairs throughout the East African coast. You will benefit from our full range of services to support your routine dry-docking, refit or conversion, including:
- Docking for all kinds of ships
- Mid-Life Upgrades of vessels for life enhancement
- Steel renewals, Hull preservation (Hydro jet blasting, Grit/ Copper slag blasting for hull as per coating standards up to SA 2.5), Tank coating (Surface preparation and coating of Hull/Tanks under controlled conditions), etc.
- Main engine overhauls (Liner honing, valve grinding, cylinder head reconditioning, line boring etc.)
- Propulsion system overhauls and repairs- All repairs related to propulsion systems like CPP, SKF couplings etc.
- Propeller reconditioning- Repairs to damaged propellers using Class approved procedures and stress relieving techniques
- Repair of Deck Machinery such as Capstans, Winches, Cranes and Davits
- Servicing of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Renewal of piping including those made of specialized materials like SS, Titanium, Cu-Ni etc.
- Servicing of air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Repair of navigational equipment, electrical, electronic and instrumentation systems
- Repair of Control Systems