Crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection in Kenya and East Africa.
Offshore and marine cranes and lifting appliances are consider high risk assets. With so many parts holding the potential for failure that can put life and property in peril, these pieces of equipment should be a major focus of safety for manufacturers and asset owners.
By ensuring that all lifting equipment at your premises is certified to be safe, in good working order and in line with local statutory regulations, you safeguard against unnecessary time delays and injuries.
SECO services not only guarantees that the equipment is sound but also ensures that the staff handling the equipment is well trained and highly skilled.
Our crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection services include:
- Checking of brakes, clutches, sheaves, and wire rope assemblies
- Design studies and calculation reviews
- Dynamic and static load testing
- Inspection of all the structural load bearing members, including sheaves
- Checking crane girders, rails and columns of overhead cranes to assure structural integrity
- Line level and span crane gantry surveys
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) of load hooks for cracks and visual inspections for distortions
- Operational tests to assure that your unit is functioning properly
- Periodic inspections and inspection prior to use of mechanical, structural, electrical, and safety systems, as well as of wire ropes and chains
- Re-examination of all safety devices
- Regulatory compliance assessments
- Remnant life assessment
- Repairs supervision