Above Ground Storage Tanks Inspection as per API 653 in Kenya and East Africa.
SECO offers a complete tank inspection service per API Standard 653 which covers the inspection, repair, alteration, and reconstruction of steel above ground storage tanks used in the petroleum and chemical industries. API 653 provides the requirements for maintaining the integrity of welded or riveted, non refrigerated, atmospheric pressure, above ground storage tanks after they have been placed in service. Our certified inspectors and engineers work as a team to provide quality, comprehensive inspections.
We perform tank inspections which meet or exceed the requirements established in API-653. Our inspectors are trained and certified in the latest technologies for testing above ground vessels to provide full service tank inspections to the storage tank industry.
Services we provide include:
- In-service API-653 tank inspection
- Out-of-service API-653 tank inspection
- Foundation settlement
- Corrosion evaluations
- Coating inspections including holiday testing
- Floating roof seal gap inspections per EPA requirements
- Helium testing for leaks in floors and floating roofs
- Frangible roof evaluations
- Allowable pressure analysis
- Normal and emergency vent selection