Ship repair & maintenance. Ship conversion work in Kenya & East Africa.
With a dry dock, slipways, steel fabrication shop, outfit and machine shop and blast and paint operations, Southern Engineering Co. Ltd (SECO) Mombasa shipyard is well equipped to turn your next scheduled docking into a truly satisfying experience.
One of the major requirements for ship repairs is the timely availability of spares for vessels. Towards this end SECO's global network of partners ensures speedy procurement and clearance of both indigenous and imported spares and our work force is vertically specialized and is committed to meet the customer expectations of timely delivery at reasonable costs.
We offer round-the-clock and comprehensive ship repairs throughout the East African coast. You will benefit from our full range of services to support your routine dry-docking, refit or conversion, including:
- Docking for all kinds of ships
- Mid-Life Upgrades of vessels for life enhancement
- Steel renewals, Hull preservation (Hydro jet blasting, Grit/ Copper slag blasting for hull as per coating standards up to SA 2.5), Tank coating (Surface preparation and coating of Hull/Tanks under controlled conditions), etc.
- Main engine overhauls (Liner honing, valve grinding, cylinder head reconditioning, line boring etc.)
- Propulsion system overhauls and repairs- All repairs related to propulsion systems like CPP, SKF couplings etc.
- Propeller reconditioning- Repairs to damaged propellers using Class approved procedures and stress relieving techniques
- Repair of Deck Machinery such as Capstans, Winches, Cranes and Davits
- Servicing of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Renewal of piping including those made of specialized materials like SS, Titanium, Cu-Ni etc.
- Servicing of air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Repair of navigational equipment, electrical, electronic and instrumentation systems
- Repair of Control Systems