Rehabilitation and Modernization of MV Buvuma
Rehabilitation and Modernization of MV Buvuma, a monohull ferry belonging to the Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA).
Dry-docked at Port Bell on the shores of Lake Victoria, the scope of works included:
• Hull renewals, prows renewals including the hydraulic lift arrangement and the main deck
• Mechanical, electrical, navigation & communication installations and other significant technical upgrades
• Enhancements of passenger capacity with additional covered seating space
• Installation of life-saving and firefighting equipment as per class requirements
• Painting of new colors
Proper planning while still maintaining social distancing and staying in line with the guidelines provided by the government of Uganda ensured that all the tasks were executed on time during these challenging times of Covid-19.
The vessel has already been handed over to the client.
- CLIENT Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
- YEAR 2020
- CATEGORY Ship Repairs
- TAGS Ship Repairs