Website SOUTHERN ENGINEERING COMPANY LIMITED
The job holder must take ownership of their areas of responsibility ensuring that a professional, consistent and timely service is provided at all times. The job holder must ensure that Company policies and procedures are adopted throughout all aspects of their work activities.
- Keep the specified technical updated of his activities in the respective ships and coordinate all major projects through that position.
- Motivate ships personnel and encourage teamwork and improvement.
- Work closely with the representatives from various classification societies and governing agencies which regulate the operation of our ships.
- With the Marine Team, coordinate and ensure (well within the time frame) from the flag state, class association, or other government bodies for any change to the construction or equipment onboard.
- Give support to ensure all electrical equipment and onboard procedures are in compliance with applicable regulations, class requirements and company policy.
- Advise on follow-up projects.
- Ensure in cooperation with the Marine team, that technically related incidents, failures and damages are properly investigated and reported.
- Responsible for verifying allocated vessels are compliant with ISM, company accreditation and statutory requirements producing variance reports for Marine Manager.
- Carry out vessel visits, inspections and technical audits and provide full reports within agreed timescales.
- Ensure that all information and reports received from ships are correct and disseminated to all relevant parties.
- Verify that ships are maintained in a state of operational readiness and when requested producing variance reports for Marine Team.
- Control / assist ship refits as directed by Marine Manager.
- Maintain close liaison with ships senior officers.
- Liaise with and verify performance of 3rd party managers ensuring that ships are well manned and or operated with appropriately trained and qualified personnel and in accordance with company procedures.
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
- Minimum of Diploma in Engineering Field
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Marine experience
- Proven experience in management including Planning or scheduling experience.
- A good knowledge of personal safety, safe working habits, and good housekeeping practices and accident prevention
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org