At Southern Engineering we are firmly committed to the health and safety of our workforce and those affected by our operations. All our business activities are governed by stringent Health and Safety principles designed to prevent harm to our employees, visitors, stakeholders and equipment. We strive to avert any injuries at work by raising the awareness of personal safety within the work place and by reducing risks to prevent incidents.
It is the policy of Southern Engineering to:
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements on matters pertaining to health and safety in the workplace in accordance with the most recent legislation
- Ensure that health and safety considerations are given top priority and are incorporated into business decision making and job planning at all levels
- Ensure that all facilities and equipments are operated, maintained and are modified, wherever necessary, to provide a safe workplace
- Ensure that all plant equipments are safe and regularly inspected as required by a government authorised inspector and certified legally safe for operation
- Ensure that proper health and safety rules and procedures are in place and are followed by all employees and personnel on site and on field work.
- Ensure that appropriate protective safety gear is worn by all employees, visitors, and personnel on site and on any field work the company is assigned to
- Ensure that all employees are trained and given proper instructions about health and safety rules and that any hazards / risks involved are well indicated
- Provide a proper and adequate response system in case of accident, fire or emergency.
- Ensure that follow up action is taken to investigate any accident / incident / emergency in order to take appropriate measures to avoid recurrence.
All Employees shall share in the responsibility of implementing this policy at various levels.
- Directors will ensure that sufficient resources are available for the implementation of this policy and will ensure that health and safety rules and procedures are in place in respective departments.
- An HSE Committee along with the HSE Officer will guide and support the continuous development and improvement of health and safety compliance and performance
- All Heads of Departments / Managers will be responsible for Health, Safety and Environment in their working places
- All employees will adhere to the applicable health and safety rules / procedures as part of their job responsibility and shall use all precautions in performing their duties in order to avoid any accidents
- These guidelines will be reviewed annually to make changes where necessary as trend demands.